- A. Building Permit is required.
- Submitted plans must be stamped by the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission and be designed for the wind speed of the site per the ASCE 7-02 wind chart.
- Foundations with reinforced concrete footings, piers, or other components must be installed according to the manufacturer's plans. These elements must be inspected by Mobile County Inspection Services prior to the placement of concrete.
- A Final inspection by Mobile County Inspection Services is required after installations are completed.
- An Electrical Permit is required for the Service Entrance.
- To obtain service from Alabama Power you must have:
- An approved foundation inspection
- An approved Service Entrance
- Applied to Alabama Power for service
- A certification decal in the electrical panel (bright orange)
- A dated Installer's decal in the electrical panel
- Mechanical Permit for the HVAC installation.
- A copy of a recorded deed.
- Approval of a sewage disposal system by the Mobile County Board of Health or a sewer lateral number.
- An Elevation Certificate if installation is in a Flood Zone.
Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission
350 South Decatur Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104
Phone: (334) 242-4036
Fax: (334) 240-3178
1110 Schillinger Road N, Ste 100
TO GO BACK