A Manufactured Home (Mobile Home) is a Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) labeled home. It is not a Modular Home or Building . It has a certification label (referred to as a “HUD label” attached to each transportable section of each home. This label is approximately 2" x 4" and is attached with rivets, screws, or other means that render the label difficult to remove.
- Only zone II (Wind Zone II) Manufactured Homes are allowed to be installed in Mobile County.
- Zone II Manufactured Homes are required to have one (1) vertical and one (1) diagonal hold down installed at each required location.
- Only a licensed and certified installer may install a Manufactured Home in Mobile County. (Certification is by the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission).
A Modular Home or Building is certified by the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission as built to the latest International Codes and the National Electrical Code.
- Plans for Modular Buildings are stamped by the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission.
- Modular Buildings must be installed by a certified and licensed installer.
- Modular Buildings must be installed on foundations in compliance with the approved plans.
- The certification decal from the Alabama Manufactured Housing Commission is bright orange and placed on the inside of the electrical panel door.
1110 Schillinger Road N, Ste 100
TO GO BACK