Codes adopted by the Mobile County Commission
Building code amendments include sealed roof deck requirement for new and replacement roofs.
Contact Mobile County Inspection Services for more information: 251 574-3507
- 2012 International Building Code (as amended)
- 2012 International Residential Code (as amended)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (as amended)
- 2012 International Existing Building Code (as amended)
- 2011 National Electrical Code (as amended)
- Alabama Energy and Residential Code (2009 IECC as amended)
- Mobile County Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance (March 11, 2010)
Your Permit is good for one (1) year:
- If work has not commenced within 180 days, the permit is considered abandoned and is no longer valid.
- If work is stopped for 180 consecutive days, the permit is considered to be abandoned and is no longer valid.
Inspections by persons not employed by Mobile County Inspection Services, must be approved by this department.
The County Inspection office has the sole obligation of enforcing proper building codes and regulations. If inspectors find that you are not in compliance, and you refuse to make the proper changes needed to comply, they will issue a stop work order. If the builder and/or the property owner still refuses to comply, The County Inspections dept. can take legal action such as asking the County Sheriff to intervene and enforce these codes and regulations.
1110 Schillinger Road N, Ste 100
TO GO BACK